The first year I wrote 10 letters by myself and dropped them off. Then, the next year, Paige was old enough to color a picture so I had her color 10 sheets of paper, and wrote my letters on top of her beautiful artwork : ) Then, last year, both Paige and Deacon colored pictures, and I wrote thank you notes on top. This year, I'm getting the kids more involved. I asked them each to color a picture, and then asked them what they wanted me to write for them. They said it, and I wrote it. Here are the finished products that I'll be dropping off at Jersey Mike's later (along with 8 letters I wrote myself) today:
|Bert's Big Thank You Letters from |
Paige and Deacon #Proud Mama
Here's what you have to do (as written by The Bert Show's Big Thank You 2013)
Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to the military personnel currently deployed outside the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
- All letters must be on 8.5” x 11” paper or smaller.
- Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper.
- NO construction paper.
- Decorate using crayons, markers, pens or pencils.
- Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only.
- Do not send greeting cards or photographs.
- Feel free to include your mailing and email address.
- Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes.
- Do not send anything except letters.
- When submitting 10 or fewer letters, the letters can be folded to fit into a standard business-size envelope.
- LETTERS MUST BE DROPPED OFF OR ARRIVE TO THE RADIO STATION BY Friday, November 1, 2013
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY LETTER?
Drop your letter/s off at any Jersey Mike's location!
Jersey Mike's is collecting letters - find a location near you!
Or, mail your letter to any of the following radio stations - Be sure to label your envelope with "BERT'S BIG THANK YOU LETTER":
ATLANTA - Q100 (99.7 FM)
780 Johnson Ferry Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Washington, D.C. - ALL THE HITS 107.3
4400 Jenifer Street NW
Washington, DC 20015
Charleston, SC - 95SX Hit Music Now
4230 Faber Place Drive Ste. 100
North Charleston, SC 29405
Savannah, GA - Y107.9 WXYY 90s, 2K and today!
401 Mall Blvd, Suite 101D
Savannah, GA 31406
Indianapolis, IN - i94 (93.9 FM) 90s to NOW
6810 North Shadeland Ave.
Indianapolis, In 46220
Nashville, TN - i106 WNFN (106.7 FM)
10 Music Circle East
Nashville, TN 37203
Birmingham, AL - 99.5 the Vibe-WZRR (99.5 FM)
244 Goodwin Crest Drive-Ste 300
Fort Wayne, IN - HOT 1079 / WJFX (107.9 FM)
Oasis Radio Group
9604 Coldwater Road, Suite 201
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Huntington, WV - Hits 97.9 – WMGA
555 5th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Lubbock, TX - 102.5 Kiss FM KZII FM (102.5 FM)
4413 82nd St. Ste.300
Lubbock, TX 79424
Amarillo, TX - KISS FM 96.9 (102.5 FM)
6214 W. 34th
Amarillo, TX 79109
Abilene, TX - Mix 92.5
3911 South 1st
Abilene, TX 79605
Brunswick, GA - Magic 105.9
Golden Isles Broadcasting
185 Benedict Road
Brunswick, GA 31520