Saturday, September 5, 2009

Great prego-wear finds!

Last week I took the plunge - I purchased my first official maternity shirt at Motherhood Maternity. Its actually a super cute fitted t-shirt with gray and white stripes. And I was willing to give the maternity dresses a shot, but OOOOOHHHHHH NO - they were horrendous! I've realized large prints are not my friend. Also, all the styles were super short. Am I the only prego out there with swollen legs and cankles? Not to mention the paisley pattern of varicose veins that are appearing daily. So all the dresses were a no go for sure.

I'm going on another business trip on Monday with the same group of people I was with last week - which means no repeating prego fashions! In a desperate attempt to find work-appropriate prego-wear, I went to Kohl's. Not sure how many of you have checked out their maternity section lately, but its about the size of one of my swollen feet. Zero selection. So I ventured over to the Misses section and found the most AMAZING wrap dresses. They aren't super short (come to the knee)and are stretchy enough to accommodate a growing belly. They are also the "mock wrap" style, so you don't have to worry about accidental flashing. I got two of them - one in Black and one is a cute green design. I also got a stretchy Vera Bradley shirt dress in purple. I've been avoiding purple for fear of looking like Grimace - you know, the big purple McDonald's character? The sizes in regular Misses only go up to XL, but that seems to be enough room for now. Here is a link to the wrap dress (on sale for $23.99 each): http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/dresses/viewalldresses/PRD~455705/apt+9+Solid+FauxWrap+Dress.jsp#

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

    Thanks,
    Carina - Maternity clothing at bellybundles

    ReplyDelete