Saturday, February 5, 2011

UPDATE: What's Up With Co-Sleeping

I know many of you weren't able to sleep after my riveting post - "What's Up with Co-Sleeping" - wondering what the conclusion would be of getting Lenni LuLu out of the bed  ;  )  So, I've decided to give you all an update...

Just like the VanDerPlump's finally had to give "permanent houseguest" Cedric the boot on the season finale of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, let's pretend I don't watch/DVR/re-watch the show either...) good old Lenni LuLu was about to get the heave-ho back to her kennel. Now, I'm not sure if she read my blog post or someone broke the news to her, but the same night I decided she was going into her kennel, she wasn't in the bed when I went upstairs. At first I thought she was burrowed under the blankets, but lo-and-behold... no Lenni. I figured she must still be downstairs and I just didn't see her before I came up. So I went to sleep without giving it a second though. At about 2 a.m. - the time of night when my husband's snoring mysteriously moves from the sound of a freight train to that of a rocket ship about to blast off - I decided the bed in the Guest Room was calling my name. As I walked in, I turned on the light to get the bed situated. And that's when I saw it - Lenni LuLu was there, lying on her back, paws in the air, head on the pillow, snoring away. You wouldn't believe the scene unless you saw it with your own two eyes. As I crawled into the bed, she didn't wake up... just rolled onto her side (snout and warm doggy breath right in my face) as if this was completely normal. And since that night, that is where she sleeps. Yes - that's right - my 2 year old German Shepard/Yellow Lab/"Who Knows What" mix has taken up residence in the guest room. Nice.


1 comment: