Monday, July 20, 2009

Starbucks and a Baby Bump Don’t Mix

Nothing will get you dirty scowls like walking around with a baby bump and a Starbucks cup. I want to wear a shirt that says, “Chill out! It’s DECAF people!”. Same goes for anything revolving around sushi, alcohol and deli meats. People see the bump and immediately make it their responsibility to keep you on the straight-and-narrow towards Mommyville, like you wouldn’t do it on your own. The best was last weekend when my husband and I went to a Mexican restaurant with a crazy-long wait. As we walked up to the bar so he could grab a margarita, everyone’s eyes went straight to my belly. Baby bumps and bars don’t mix, either. He ordered his drink, and I ordered my customary water with lots of ice. I made a point of saying it louder than usual, as if to prove to the world I was a responsible Mommy. There seemed to be a collective sigh of relief among the other customers close by. Thanks for having faith in me, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment