Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How to Hard Boil an Egg and Other Things I'd Like to Figure Out

There is a lot of talk lately about "Bucket Lists" - things you'd like to do or accomplish before you die. This list is not that serious. It's more of a "Sand Pail List". It's a list of things I'd like to figure out or do sometime in the near future. Here goes...

Sweet Leigh Mama's Sand Pail List
  1. How to hard boil an egg
  2. Choosing tap water over bottled water
  3. Doing a self-mani and pedi without smudging the heck out of it
  4. Finding an exercise plan I can stick to
  5. Staying organized
  6. Recycling as a habit vs. a chore
  7. Improving my patience
  8. Finding a church I will attend regularly
  9. Getting gas before I'm on "E"
  10. Avoiding gross razor bumps
  11. Stop scratching bug bites before they turn into giant scabs
I'll let you know when I can cross some stuff off this list... Today I've decided to try and master the elusive hard boiled egg .. wish me luck : )


1 comment:

  1. For hard boiled eggs: My MIL (who is a caterer) recommends placing eggs in a pot of cold water and bringing it to a rapid boil. Once boiling, she turns off the heat and sets the timer for 5 minutes. After the time is up, she empties the hot water and replaces it with cold. Supposedly letting the eggs cool off in cold water make for much easier peeling.

    I always manage to slightly overdo my yolks, but figured I could pass on the info I had. It's a starting point at any rate! :)

    ReplyDelete