Friday, January 14, 2011

Craving Bacon


Today is the first day I've been able to venture out of the house (via car) since Sunday thanks to the Snowpocalypse that hit Atlanta earlier this week. Since about Wednesday, I've been craving one thing and one thing only: bacon. Yes, bacon. Real bacon. Not turkey or tofacon or any other "healthier" option. All I've wanted is greasy, crispy bacon. In general, bacon is not a regular part of my diet. I don't despise it, but I certainly don't keep it around the house or eat it regularly - maybe once every month or two. So the fact that I craved it - and craved it like a rabid wilder-beast btw - but was unable to get out of the house to get it, made me NUTS! Yesterday my husband ventured into work for the first time this week, and I made him stop on his way home and get me a grilled chicken salad with bacon on it for dinner. It was heaven. But when I was done wolfing it down, I wanted more. But there was no more. So I was back on the hunt, craving bacon with no satisfaction in sight. Today I decided it was time to bust out of the house for the first time in 5 days - not because I was going stir crazy - but because I needed to get my hands on some bacon : ) After our morning naps (our, as in Paige AND I) I loaded her up in the car and took off on my mission. Luckily the roads were pretty much clear of ice, although I don't know if ice could have stopped me at this point. During my morning nap I dreamed about a BLT sandwich... greasy bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo smushed between two toasted slices of white bread. HEAVEN in a sandwich. So I went to Publix, got the supplies, drove home, made my BLT and took my first much anticipated bite. You think I'd cry at the sheer taste of the bacon hitting my mouth, but I had the complete opposite reaction... I spit it out! For some reason, at the moment I finally got what I wanted most in the whole wide world, I had an instant aversion to it! I know! SHOCKING! So I ended up eating a lettuce and tomato sandwich... the bacon went in Lenni's dog bowl... and I think I officially brought a conclusion to my bacon craving. AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. Got to love pregnancy!! The girls and I headed out today to take the baby to a doctors appt. Most of Lilburn was clean but there were some ugly spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Bacon (usually a favorite in our house) and most other meats have been DISGUSTING me here lately. Congrats on the new addition! I've really enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete