Monday, May 23, 2011

My Pep Talk to Me

I wrote a post in February about staying in the positive: Keep It Movin'


But every once in a while, I need to remind myself of this concept. I need to remind myself that I am in a much better place now than I was years ago, when I held grudges, felt helpless in how some people treated me, and let others make decisions about how and when they were going to insert themselves into my life. I think I've done a pretty good job over the years of cutting out the negativity, the drama, and the foolishness - and ultimately taking control of who I surround myself with... who I let (and consciously don't let) into my life. And now I apply that to my immediate family (probably even more so than with myself) - if you can't respect me, my husband, or my children... if you try to bring negativity to us... if you choose to live your life in a dishonest way... if you try to manipulate, control or bring us down...  BUH-BYE! SIONORA! ADIOS!


My BFF Oprah Winfrey (oh, she's your BFF, TOO?! ; ) ) says it best with some of her favorite quotes:


"When you know better, you do better." - Maya Angelou

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Alfred

Einstein

"Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past can be changed." - Oprah

"Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher." - Oprah 

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." - Oprah



I truly appreciate my close friends and family. I appreciate their honesty, sincerity and the positivity they bring to my life! And like I said in my post in February:

Negativity and the like can only slow me down... and I've got too many good things going on to get tied down in that nonsense. Interested is being a part of the positivity? Join in! Not interested in change and letting go of the nonsense of life? Sorry, but I'm just gonna "keep it movin'" right by ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment